As Software Component Design Engineer you are responsible for designing software components that meet the requirements with respect to technical, time and cost perspectives. An important part of the role is to define the interfaces between the logical architectural components that are realised of one or many logical design components. You are responsible for the development of the SWRS (SoftWare Requirement Specification) and you are the main contact person for the software requirements internally and towards external partners. The development is executed in close cooperation with our internal software developers and our suppliers. A large portion of the software development is executed by our supplier. A central part of the role is to coordinate, plan and secure the development of the suppliers’ software deliveries in order to meet the expectations in each delivery.
- Manage development a software components that fulfils the requirements from technical, time and cost perspective.
- Plan and lead the development of software components from both internal and external software component suppliers.
- Secure that software components are verified together with component testers and component suppliers.
- M.Sc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or similar
- Experience from structured work in a structured development process
- Experience from requirement management
- Experience in managing suppliers in an international environment
- Experience in software development in complex embedded systems
- Experience of working in requirement management tools such as System Weaver, Elektra or Doors
- Experience of working BaseTechnologies (SWDL, Diagnostics, NVM, etc)
- Knowledge in AutoSar, ISO26262, - Excellent English skills, both verbally and written
- Driver’s licence
- Open minded and good ability to cooperate is essential given the fact that you need to manage a broad network both internally and externally
- Strong analytical capability
- Structured and organized in your work
- A great communicator with ability to cope with many topics in parallel
- Business and performance driven